Dean of People’s Medical College Dr Anil Dixit said, “It had come to our notice that a volunteer, Deepak Marawi, died. However, death was due to other reasons and not a severe adverse effect (to the vaccine).”
Marawi’s son Badal said he was a labourer and had volunteered for the vaccine trial. He was administered the first dose on December 12. It’s not known if it was a vaccine or placebo.
The autopsy concluded that poisoning is the suspected cause of death. Viscera has been preserved for examination.